Health – brains and personality

In health this week we did a personality test. My personality type was virtuoso (ISTP-T). My traits are 69% introverted (nice), 59% observant, 68% thinking, 63% prospecting and 76% turbulent. My role was explorer. The test said that I like to be on my own but that my strategy for solving problems is constant improvement. Here is a bit of stuff about me that the test concluded about my personality.

“Virtuosos love to explore with their hands and their eyes, touching and examining the world around them with cool rationalism and spirited curiosity. People with this personality type are natural Makers, moving from project to project, building the useful and the superfluous for the fun of it, and learning from their environment as they go. Often mechanics and engineers, Virtuosos find no greater joy than in getting their hands dirty pulling things apart and putting them back together, just a little bit better than they were before. Virtuosos explore ideas through creating, troubleshooting, trial and error and first-hand experience. They enjoy having other people take an interest in their projects and sometimes don’t even mind them getting into their space. Of course, that’s on the condition that those people don’t interfere with Virtuosos’ principles and freedom, and they’ll need to be open to Virtuosos returning the interest in kind.”

“Virtuosos enjoy lending a hand and sharing their experience, especially with the people they care about, and it’s a shame they’re so uncommon, making up only about five percent of the population.”

“While their mechanical tendencies can make them appear simple at a glance, Virtuosos are actually quite enigmatic. Friendly but very private, calm but suddenly spontaneous, extremely curious but unable to stay focused on formal studies, Virtuoso personalities can be a challenge to predict, even by their friends and loved ones. Virtuosos can seem very loyal and steady for a while, but they tend to build up a store of impulsive energy that explodes without warning, taking their interests in bold new directions.”

Questions

1. What is the difference between a psychopath brain and a non-psychopath brain? “Psychopaths brains do not have a fully developed limbic system so they don’t really have much of a reaction to gruesome images. Take for example, if a psychopath watched the Jeffrey Dahmer documentary, where most people would quit watching or vomit, the psychopath would have no reaction.”
  2. What is an interesting fact you have learned so far? “I have learned that as stated above, psychopaths do not have fully developed limbic systems.”
  3. “Knowing my personality type doesn’t really change anything, it just gives me further info about myself”

One thought on “Health – brains and personality

1. Kia ora Tyler!

Ka Pai for engaging in this blog. I appreciate the time and thought you have put into it! Do you feel that your personality type matches how you are in your daily life?

I hope you are enjoying this unit so far!

Ngā Mihi

Miss Bennett